HOME | BAND BIO | DATES | STORE | VIDEO | CONTACTS

Music to their ears

via Austin360.com

We asked three titans of Austin radio what shows they’re most eagerly anticipating this summer.

‘There’s so many shows, I don’t even know how to narrow it down. Cypress Hill will be great. They played a show for 101X years ago at Auditorium Shores, and they were awesome live because they come out with a full live band. It’s not one of those horrible hip-hop shows with two guys screaming. LCD Soundsystem should be good — I saw them years ago and didn’t know who they were. A friend of mine drug me out and it was an amazing show. … And I’m excited by Dia de los Toadies at Whitewater Rocks in New Braunfels. If you’re from Texas, you have to like the Toadies. It’s printed on your birth certificate.’

— Toby Ryan, 101.5 KROX, music director and weekday afternoon disc jockey

comments

One Response to “Music to their ears”

1. Mike Wall on July 8th, 2010

Toadies are incredible. I remember the first time I heard Possum Kindom on the radio. “Who the hell is this?” I was asking myself. I wore out my first Rubberneck cd trying to spread the word. I still have my second in the wrapper, and all the other releases have, let’s say, character.
    Two years ago, Oct 8th I saw the band play a show at Georges Majestic Lounge in Fayetteville, Ar. It’s a college town and not very many kids there knew what to expect, but I did. I bought tickets for several friends and took them to the show. By the end of the first song the place was going nucking futs! This crowd was given the gift of a 2 1/2 hour show in a small club. For weeks the buzz was all about the Toadies show at Georges. It was a pleasure to say “I told you so”! Now I live in Seattle and have tickets for the upcoming show. Crazy thing is, I’m bringing my guitar hero master of a daughter. She’s young but loves her Toadies!! We jam in the car all the time. It’s going to be her first rock show ever and she’s stoked, as am I.
    The news of a new album is great. I cannot wait! Best of luck in the studio.
    Mike, Texan for life!