New Songs?

Everything Toadies

Re: New Songs?

Postby frolfin7 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:54 am

Ratllers Revenge... pretty much the most badass thing i have ever heard. Don't know if they've been playing it at every concert but they rocked the fuck out tonight in Austin at Stubbs..
frolfin7

Postby Corey24 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Holy crap this was released 3 weeks ago and no one knew....I love this song. This is the Toadies I had hoped we would be hearing. A little strange and a whole lot awesome....I am fine with this being delayed to get a full album. This is going to be awesome. I have been disappointed by a lot of 'comeback' bands of late, but this is a really really good indication that this new album we be sweet.
Corey24

Postby thewicke on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Toadies have already 'comeback' with the No Deliverance album, and had a 'throwback' with the Feeler album....so I hope you've checked those out too..., live albums have also been released...this will be their 1st album featuring Doni Blair recording parts for the album, and I've said it multiple times, but I can't wait for the new album...really glad we get a glimpse of Summer of the Strange for now, and the few that I recorded in Denton.
thewicke

Postby Corey24 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Oh I know. I was around here for No Deliverance and it was fun, but I didn't like that album as much as the other Toadies albums. But this song and the other ones they have played live really show a return...not to the same sound per se, but to the same energy and fun that I love about Their earlier albums. Alice in Chains...meh didn't care for the new album, new Soundgarden song...meh mediocre at best. New Stone Temple Pilots...Didn't like it....but this. I like this. Feeler was awesome too of course, but I have had the un-mastered tracks for a long time now. With Doni I think it gives them a cool groove and full band sound.
Corey24

Postby thewicke on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:13 pm

True that....and I like all those other bands too and think similarly....I liked No Deliv....wish they had played One More on tour longer than they did...I listen to Song I Hate ALL the time, it helped me get over a girl actually...and it definitely had a different vibe to it, which I liked...same great storytelling...twisted texas tales if you will...and I had heard those same Feeler tracks for awhile too, glad that FINALLY got a release...5th annual DDLToads oughtta be superhyped this year....I'm ready for tix to go on sale.
thewicke

Postby MarkRez on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Just another FYI: the tentative release date is July 31.
MarkRez

Postby Corey24 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Wow that is a lot sooner than I was expecting...I guess 7 songs were already done. Thanks for the update. Very excited.
Corey24

Postby McCollum on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:49 am

MarkRez wrote:Just another FYI: the tentative release date is July 31.

hell yeah. awesome. i was dreading it would be a september release at earliest.
McCollum

Postby Jim01 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:34 am

Ditto. Great to hear it will be so soon. I was dreading a wait, but then again us old time fans have grown immune to long waits for releases :)
Jim01

Postby thewicke on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Interscope/Hip-Hop made sure that Toadies fans learned patience. Glad they are on a Texas indie label now...seems to be a much better fit. Hoping to hear that record before Dia this year, it would be in their best interest to build extra hype this year by putting the album out early.
thewicke

PreviousNext

Return to Toadies