Louisiana Pre-Dia tour dates

Everything Toadies

Louisiana Pre-Dia tour dates

Postby MissTeen on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:49 am

08/24 – New Orleans – Tipitina’s
On sale July 1st,
http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&pl=&eventId=3770435

08/25 – Shreveport – Riverside Warehouse
"We're murderers; Murderers, Liars, Rapists and Thieves/You should never put your trust in any of us."
MissTeen

Re: Louisiana Pre-Dia tour dates

Postby MissTeen on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:12 am

Bump.

I'm going. Anyone else?

Might try to make it to Shreveport aswell..

Since people are reading:

If anyone else is going to try to make both shows, please contact me through the forum or at the Venue in Nola [I'll be center rail. I know I will]. I'll pay for gas, buy you lunch.

There's really no connecting flights from MSY-SHV, so I'll have to greyhound, and hope that it doesnt break down to make it in time for doors.
i can get back on my own from Shreveport, but i cant risk missing the show.
"We're murderers; Murderers, Liars, Rapists and Thieves/You should never put your trust in any of us."
MissTeen

Postby james on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:10 pm

i'll be there!
james

Postby MissTeen on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:29 pm

NOLA was awesome. They performed, We are All Going to Hell, a cover.
The crowd was great, opposed to Shreveport.

There were some cool fans out in Shreveport [and a different setlist for the show, as the LA dates are warmup for DIA], but SHV is sketch as fuck, and there were a ton of rude drunk people in the crowd.

Further details and photos to be posted when i get back to where im from..

/.
MissTeen

Postby Thomas on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:50 pm

Was the cover they played this song?
The Bastard Fairies - We're All Going To Hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTOffYj5TxU

Funny lyrics.
Last edited by Thomas on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Our love is rice and beans and horses lard'
Thomas

Postby MissTeen on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:20 am

MissTeen

Postby Thomas on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:21 pm

Thanks MissTeen.

Ida Maria - We're All Going To Hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUgGkHSXlKo

I love her voice.
'Our love is rice and beans and horses lard'
Thomas

Postby MissTeen on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:58 am

Dear forum,

I have to hopefully head out of town on an emergency vacation to visit *my* other band, so it'll be a bit [Tuesday sept 6th at the earliest] til I post the setlists and pictures and details of the LA shows. I was going through some of the video clips, and its neat stuff. It'll be worth the wait, atleast i think so [i have both poster variants of the tipitinas show, and even found an announcement for the SHV show].

Meantime, whoever else was there should upload whatever theyve got.

/.
MissTeen

Postby MissTeen on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:01 am

Better late than never:
I almost thought that I wasn't going to get to go. Flight prices were high and I was very sad.
Miraculously like some demonic apparition, I made it. After an entire day of multiple plane malfunctions, flight delays, and being incredibly ill {i vomited at Surreys on lower Mag st.], I was there! My inner twelve year old that didnt get to see the Toadies on the HBSA tour [due to age], was happy.

This is video of the band going on stage in NOLA, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9NSKY4WR. I wouldn't recommend downloading that unless you're really obsessive about little things like that [like me]. The quality isnt the best. My camera had been through a lot of extreme temp. this year and the mechanics got messed up.

Back in Dec 2007, the Toadies performed Flower for the first time, and I had been dying to see them at Tipitinas ever since. I just knew that there would be a new song.
VTL is my favorite vocalist, and a real inspiration to me, so it was nice to be given the lyric sheet by him.

I will try to get scans up of the posters.

My camera broke in Shreveport [My Toadies quinceanera!!], right before the show.. Its such a shame, as the Riverside Warehouse had better lighting than Tipitinas..
But Tipitinas had a wonderful crowd. Such nice enthusiastic fans. Everyone ran to the rail as soon as doors opened. I love being around excited fans like that.
Last edited by MissTeen on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MissTeen

Postby MissTeen on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:29 am

I didnt get a setlist, but a blurry cell phone photo instead.
Velvet, Heel, ATF, I come From The Water, Pink, Man of Stone, Backslider, push The Hand, Hell In High water, Possum Kingdom No Deliverence, I Burn, Mine, Quitter, Tyler
Encore: Mexican hairless, Got a Heart, Away

Like every quincienera, there were lots of drunks.
I loved this setlist, and I love seeing the band, but this is probably one of my least favorite shows to have attended [Vegas 08 takes the cake]. The band is always amazing to my ears and in my head. I remember seeing them in Boise and having an amazing time, cause Doni, Clark, And Rez started playing I Want Your Love when some kid yelled it out. But if a crowd is lame, it really fucks up my outlook on the show as a whole.
There were some real cool people in the crowd, and then there were the assholes. There was the guy that started yelling at the band, "don't do that one" when they would start to play quieter songs. This was the same guy that had left two songs into the show, saying he had already seen what he came for, yet kept coming back. There were the drunks trying to climb over the rail. etc.
I almost punched some girl in the face..

I'm still glad that I went.
MINE was amazing to hear and see.To say that I flipped the fuck out as soon as I heard the opening chords, is a major understatement. I LOVE that song, and its basically the one I was most looking forward to and hoping to hear.
MissTeen

Next

Return to Toadies