Did anyone go to the Pixies in Houston?

Discuss whatever you like

Did anyone go to the Pixies in Houston?

Postby Jim01 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:31 am

I went but I noticed a couple people in front of me there was a girl who had a Quiet Company screensaver on her phone. Then she turned around and she had a necklace made from a Toadies guitar pic. I thought it might be one of you fools.

The show was fantastic! Pixies sounds amazing live and just killed it. Two weird things happened. One, about halfway through Where Is My Mind?, Frank just stopped playing and waved the band off and they left the stage. Then I noticed a random guy had made it on stage and Kim said something like "Perfect timing man!" The band came back out and finished off the song and closed with Gigantic.

Second weird thing is that the house lights came on for the entire second encore. I doubt this was planned and it was really weird.
Jim01

Re: Did anyone go to the Pixies in Houston?

Postby jdrew on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:21 pm

Man, I've wanted to see them live for awhile now, just haven't had the right set of circumstances. I was all set to go to the Houston show, but I left on a flight Monday afternoon to Vegas.

But I'll be here for the weekend and The Pixies have a show here on Saturday night. I'm seriously gonna try to make it, but it's Vegas, so you never know.
Gimme a hit son, I'll show you what that shit'll do.
jdrew

Postby JudasToadx88 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:17 pm

Definetely a band on my "Must see before I/they die" list. Wanted to see them at Hammerstein in NYC last year but money was an issue and it was very last minute. I'm a little scared because theres a handful of rumors going on right now with the pixies such as the fact that their reunion may come to an end. If thats the case i guess i'm screwed :-( On the other hand theres also rumors that they may put together a new record so yea. Next time they come through to NY I will def make it top priority to go see them.
JudasToadx88

Postby LoveIsDrunk on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:22 pm

I went to the 2nd Austin show and it was incredible. Such a good show.

While we didn't get some guy interrupting Where Is My Mind, the house lights were on for the entire 2nd encore here as well. We thought it was really odd, and frankly it pissed me off. not only was it bright, but it made the venue three times as hot and everyone was sweaty by the end.

Still, amazing show. If you still have a chance to see them, DO IT. NO QUESTION. They are still amazing.
LoveIsDrunk

Postby jdrew on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:07 am

jdrew wrote:But I'll be here for the weekend and The Pixies have a show here on Saturday night. I'm seriously gonna try to make it, but it's Vegas, so you never know.

Yep. Other things happened. Hopefully I'll still get the chance sometime.

But I did hear Possum Kingdom being performed by a couple of guys in an Irish Bar on Freemont Street, although I was hoping for actual, you know, Irish music instead of 90's alt rock like the Smashing Pumpkins (the guy's voice, however, sounded better then Billy Corgans dry dying dog screech).
Gimme a hit son, I'll show you what that shit'll do.
jdrew

Postby Jim01 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:19 am

I guess that means the house lights coming on was intentional. I agree it was odd and I didn't really like it, nor see the point of it.
Jim01

Return to Non Toadies