9/12/10 Baltimore Show @ Rams Head

Everything Toadies

9/12/10 Baltimore Show @ Rams Head

Postby TomatoFace on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:52 am

I’m finally getting off my butt and writing this recap of the Baltimore show. My friends and I get to the show at 5 o'clock (show starts at 8) so we can be the first ones in line (yes we are that dedicated/insane) so we sit by the door to get to the stage. The door was pretty beat up and had an inch of space while being shut so we could look inside at the stage while the techies do sound check. We watch for like 20-30 mins and then Clark walks out on stage followed by the rest of the group! They then proceed to take a sound check of their own which consists of:

Suck Magic
Pressed Against the Sky
Unattractive!!!

We cheer and clap through the gap in the door after each song and everyone looks at the door each time. I scream "Play Clarksville!" and Clark play’s the intro before he forgets the rest of the song. Todd and Donny get off the stage after that ordeal while Clark and Mark play an offspring (I don’t remember which one it was) and some Police covers before getting off the stage.

A couple hours go by and its time to go into the show. We get to the stage front and center. The cool thing about this venue is the stage isn’t a permanent part of the building and is just a 4-5 foot platform with no blockade in our way, so we are literally as close as we can get to the stage without climbing on it. We were joking about how you could grab the set list with your teeth, we re that close.

The Openers are Eat Your Neighbors and Gringo Star and they do their thing. They are not my slice of pie. Finally The Toadies get on stage! Their set list is as follows:

It’s an amazing show! Todd throws down a pick to me half way through the set and my friend is literally close enough to the set list to grab it with his teeth!

After the show we get to talk to Donny about how Descendents are going to tour this summer, we talk to Clark about why they cut out so many feeler tracks and he explains how they only thought they could afford to record a 6 track EP of feeler but had enough money to squeeze another three tracks onto the album. He said more tracks were to be on their way! I also asked him if they could play Clarksville on stage one day but he said no one else remembered how to play it and they weren’t in the process of learning it anytime soon :( . Oh well! We finally talk to Todd about the Forgiven track and how it’s just a b-side off of No Deliverance. We didn’t get to talk to mark because he wasn’t around so we hightailed it out of there. All in all, it was one of my favorite Toadies shows thus far!
TomatoFace

Re: 9/12/10 Baltimore Show @ Rams Head

Postby IMchad on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:42 pm

I wasn't there but it sounds like to me one of the highlights of the show was hearing "Got a Heart."
IMchad

Postby cabbage on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:23 am

@TomatoFace

Ahhhh you're the bastard that got the setlist! I asked for it too but the soundguy pointed to you.
cabbage

Postby Thomas on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:51 pm

Said the Cabbage to the Tomato.
'Our love is rice and beans and horses lard'
Thomas

Postby cabbage on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:33 am

Haha didn't even notice that.
cabbage

Postby TomatoFace on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:59 am

I might be the bastard that got the setlist but I missed getting THE ONLY Toadies poster in the venue! I was quite bummed out about that haha.
TomatoFace

Return to Toadies