Seattle setlist and pictures.

Everything Toadies

Seattle setlist and pictures.

Postby MissTeen on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:22 am

Seattle was brutal. I am covered in bruises, and if my right knee doesnt stop hurting in a few days, i'm pretty sure its damaged..

1. The crowd was overly aggro.
2. Someone yelled out for TYLER, two songs after they had played it. Really??
3. I'm not sure if it mightve been that drunk girl.
4. To the drunk girls husband, who I told to fuck himself, you cant expect your wife to beat up on people and for her not to get attacked. Be it by males or females.
I wouldve elbowed her in the face right into her nose, but i wasnt about to get kicked out of the show.
5. Awesome show. A lot of fun. I LOVE Seattle.

==
I got some grief by some fans because i planned on nabbing the setlist. Yes I have many, but I really treasure those sheets of paper.
I'll only say that there is a reason i get the set, and they end up empty handed.
If they really really wanted it, they would have it. I obviously REALLY wanted it, so I got it..

More pictures to be posted soon.

For the record, I love the fanbase. I'm just an asshole.
It was real cool to see a lot of people from years past and to be recognized by fellow fans.
I asked one how they could tell it was me, "You were in the same spot last year, right at the front of the stage"
I met fans who named their son after Vaden. Their kids after songs.Fans who drove to cities they HATED just to see the band. I cant wait for the next record and tour.
Last edited by MissTeen on Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We're murderers; Murderers, Liars, Rapists and Thieves/You should never put your trust in any of us."
MissTeen

Re: Seattle setlist and pictures.

Postby Jim01 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:27 am

What does "DANO" mean on the setlist?
Jim01

Postby MissTeen on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:41 am

Its for the Daneletric guitar Vaden uses.
it looks like this,
I remember trying to make out the word danelectric on the neck, and wondering if it was something he had written on it, or what..
the closest stock photo i could find was this, Image it would be the second guitar on the couch.

--

Oh, other things we noticed at the Seattle show were the mics facing out into the crowd, on both sides of the stage...
"We're murderers; Murderers, Liars, Rapists and Thieves/You should never put your trust in any of us."
MissTeen

Postby motas on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:22 pm

actually it would be the guitar just to the left of the red guitar.
motas

Postby bassivemalls on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:56 pm

Dude, what did you do to get that setlist. Just tell us.
bassivemalls

Postby MissTeen on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:51 pm

Its timing.
Just reach out for it at the right time if you're right up front. Or try to get close to the location of one as the show nears its end.
I'd imagine there'd atleast be four setlists on stage, one per band member.
Don't try to take it before the encore. Please discourage people that try to do that..
MissTeen

Postby Josh on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:46 am

Found this review, click link for pics....

http://backbeatseattle.com/wordpress/?p=27404

Photos & Review: Toadies @ The Showbox

It’s been a really long time since I’d been so excited for a show. About 15 years ago I was an impressionable young high schooler with little to no musical influences. A tape fell into my lap (well, tossed really, into my sibling’s discard pile where I quickly grabbed it up) and it stayed on repeat for the next few months. That tape was Toadies’ Rubberneck and catapulted my musical hunger into overdrive. This show was bound to be epic, whether anyone else attending felt it or not. Though, from the excitement of the crowd and the palpable tension building between the openers’ sets and the headliner’s first appearance, that would not be the case. The age of the crowd ranged from pre-drinking to late thirties. The group of teen-aged attendees were a surprise considering the Toadies’ radio hits peaked in ‘94 and ‘95. Apparently their small discography has stood the test of time, even if just for a small contingent.

The local group Absolute Monarchs started out the night with an energetic set. They are a hard rock with more than a mere dash of punk thrown in they don’t just sing and play, they feel their music. You may not be a fan of the music genre but you have to admit they’ve got something that draws you in. Dead Country kept the night going with a set of poppy tunes that could have been interesting, but lacked uniqueness. After the first couple songs it felt like the breadth of their work was played out. It also seemed like the lead and backup guitarists were perfecting the art of rock stances and smoldering sexy looks rather than moving their talents to a higher level. It wasn’t bad, but there wasn’t much that grabbed your attention either.

The exuberance of that younger crowd quickly turned into a mosh pit as the Toadies took the stage and started their set with “Backslider” quickly followed up a few songs later with “Mr. Love”. The floor was literally bouncing, in fact it moved so much the onstage mics were rocking back and forth. It was obvious the members of the band weren’t expecting this type of reaction, and responded to the audience’s excitement with an abundance of their own. Their occasional smiles and incredulous comments about the Wednesday night crowd being more like a Saturday, it turned into a battle to see who would have more fun, us or them. You can bet they’ll be back in Seattle again and hopefully we’ll show them just as much love the next time around. I know I will.
Josh

Postby Josh on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:56 am

Here's another review.

http://three-colours.blogspot.com/2010/ ... -2010.html

Seattle Loves the Toadies

Seattle has time and again shown their appreciation towards Austin's very own Toadies. It's this affection, expressed in fist pumps and hollers, that creates the perfect environment for an all-around good show.

Wednesday night's concert was no exception. From the moment the Toadies took the stage at the Showbox, an eruption of elation occurred. You have to understand, for hardcore Toadies fans, the idea of a Feeler tour equates to the same emotions brought on by Brian Wilson's SMiLE, or GNR's Chinese Democracy. And feeding off the crowd's energy, the band immediately broke into the classics to get the night moving in a good direction. The Toadies kicked the set off with "Backslider," and lead singer Todd Lewis's voice never sounded so good. But that's what you come to expect at a Toadies show - don't let drummer Mark Reznicek's hair color fool you - these guys sound as young as they did back in '94.

Since the band was promoting their new album Feeler, we got to hear a fair number of hits off the LP, including "Dead Boy," "City of Hate," "Suck Magic," "ATF Theme," "Waterfall," and "Mine." To give a quick back-story behind this ill-fated album, the band originally recorded Feeler in '97 as a follow-up to Rubberneck, but Interscope deemed the record ill-fit for release. The Toadies lost the rights to the songs and had to re-record the entire album, and after 13 years it finally gets its proper release. You could almost see the triumph in lead guitarist Clark Vogeler's eyes as if to say, "yeah, we knew these songs would be liked."

Highlights from the night included the Rubberneck gems "Away," "Possum Kingdom," and "Tyler," and surprise favorites like "Push the Hand" and "Heel" sounded incredible. I was happy to hear some of the stronger songs from No Deliverance ("Nothing to Cry About" and the title track), and I thought all the Feeler jams were excellent. Really my only complaint of the night came during the encore when they covered the Beatles' "Don't Let Me Down." It's not to say I didn't like the song, but I felt like they didn't need to throw it in there. If you buy Feeler through iTunes, you get this track as a bonus tune, so I understand why they played it. But I digress...

All in all, this one amazing show from a band that I'm so happy decided to make music again. At the end of the night, Vogeler thanked Seattle for being "the best fucking rock city in the country," and I think he was actually sincere about that comment. Mosh pits were erupting on the main floor, and the crowd was jumping up and down so much the band kept commenting on how the stage was literally shaking. A full set list is posted below, and as you can see, it's loaded with non-stop hits, and it ended with a crowd-favorite, "I Come From the Water."
Josh

Postby Night shadow on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:53 pm

"towards Austin's own Toadies" :lol: er that would be Ft Worth. Seeing the Toadies in Austin though was bad ass. They do Love it.
"We weren't really done, We just went and stood over there for awhile, just to Fuck with you guys"- Vaden Todd Lewis at Tipitinas in December 2007.
Night shadow

Postby MissTeen on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:56 am

I barely took any pictures at the Seattle show, and those taken didn't turn out that great. Sorry everyone =(

MissTeen

Next

Return to Toadies