Baboon

Discuss whatever you like

Re: Baboon

Postby LoveIsDrunk on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:40 pm

So are Baboon still together?

I'm aware of The Boom Boom Box which has Mike and Andrew from Baboon, and I love that, but I guess I figured if they were in a different band then Baboon was broken up? Anybody have the scoop on this?

Also, any fans of Baboon would be wise to check out the Boom Boom Box! They're pretty freaking awesome and their debut LP came out last week. Here's my review of it: http://ourvinyl.com/the-boom-boom-boxs- ... -darkness/
LoveIsDrunk

Postby Jim01 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:27 am

To my knowledge they are broken up. The recent show was a one off reunion type thing.
Jim01

Postby Thomas on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:44 am

Does Steve, James or Mark have any music projects upcoming? or did they return to the wonderful world of 9 to 5. Speaking of Mark Hughes, I'm reminded while checking wikipedia, he's no longer listed as a current member. Instead they have a past member of the band, Bart Rogers, listed as the current bassist. I guess he is in those videos Daniel posted. I think the band keeps up that wiki page, so since it says "years active 1991–present". I'll take that as a good chance we'll hear something from them again. please.
'Our love is rice and beans and horses lard'
Thomas

Postby floranicolas on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:20 am

Baboon self-released an album so aggressively listenable you could easily play it through several times before considering skipping a song. And yet Baboon's eponymous victory wasn't and isn't safe.
floranicolas

Postby Thomas on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:21 am

You forgot the rest of the quote you stole Reputation Management.

Baboon, Baboon (2006): After a four-year wait and a building fear that there was no more to come, Baboon self-released an album so aggressively listenable you could easily play it through several times before considering skipping a song. And yet Baboon’s eponymous victory wasn’t and isn’t safe: Punk and experimental tendencies combine here with ferocious vocals and pop melodies, and, in turn, the band produced something not only edgy but notoriously fun. Now with another four years gone and members in other projects, Baboon might’ve been a swan song. We truly hope not—but if it was, it’s one helluva way to go. —Merritt Martin
Thomas

Postby daniel on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:39 pm

I talked to Andrew after the Boom Boom Box CD release show and Baboon of course came up. I didn't come out and ask him about the status of the band but it seemed from his response there are no plans to even make plans going forward. Nothing seemed negative at all but that it just evolved to what it is. He did mention that he was sure they would play again sometime.
daniel

Postby Thomas on Sat May 24, 2014 11:19 pm

I see they are playing shows, but are they recording??
Thomas

Previous

Return to Non Toadies