New Songs?

Everything Toadies

Re: New Songs?

Postby baie steve on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:12 am

Yesss Awesome i love this new song!!!! :)
baie steve

Postby McCollum on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Rez,
Is play.rock.music. done yet? The initial plan was two EPs so i'm guessing you had the songs for the first done and decided to finish more to make it a full album. Did you guys finish those other songs or is that what the band is doing now? Amazon now has a the same july 31st date you mentioned as the release date for the vinyl but not for the cd. I'm just trying to figure out if it will be out then or if its not done, brace for the release date being pushed back. The lack of a finalized tracklist at this point has me wondering.
McCollum

Postby ToadiesAdmin on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:57 pm

CD will be out July 31. Not sure if vinyl will be available on 31st. Typically the vinyl has a longer manufacture turnaround so it becomes available soon there after.
ToadiesAdmin
Site Admin

Postby fables98 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:01 am

Todd said in Dallas that they finished recording Thursday.
fables98

Postby McCollum on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:17 am

Cool, glad they are done recording at least. I hope they pack the songs on. I'm grateful for any new songs but i'm greedy and want as many as possible.
McCollum

Postby McCollum on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:17 pm

I'm writing this in hope that Rez will drop by and give us some more info. I'm curious as to how many songs will be on play.rock.music., how many were actually recorded and finished, thoughts on this recording session compared to no deliverance and any other info he'd graciously share with us. What's your favorite new song? How have the show turnouts been? Did the crowds during the social d tour treat you guys ok? Any good stories to speak of?
McCollum

Postby Jim01 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:56 pm

I wish they would do/have done some recording diaries. Remember those fun videos from the HBSA recording?
Jim01

Postby MarkRez on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:30 pm

McCollum wrote:I'm writing this in hope that Rez will drop by and give us some more info. I'm curious as to how many songs will be on play.rock.music., how many were actually recorded and finished, thoughts on this recording session compared to no deliverance and any other info he'd graciously share with us. What's your favorite new song? How have the show turnouts been? Did the crowds during the social d tour treat you guys ok? Any good stories to speak of?

Answers: 11 songs on the album (12 on the iTunes version). It was a fun series of sessions - we did a week or so back in October, another week or so in February, and a couple weeks in June. All of it in Austin. Favorite new song is either Epic Castles or The Appeal. Turnouts at the shows have been great, the Social D folks treated us great, we got to play in towns we'd never been to before, and win over some new fans. Got to see the Canadian Rockies for the first time, which are really spectacular. I shared a flight with Malcolm McDowell, and we both got detained by the Customs officials. He was not happy about it.
MarkRez

Postby McCollum on Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:21 pm

MarkRez wrote:
McCollum wrote:I'm writing this in hope that Rez will drop by and give us some more info. I'm curious as to how many songs will be on play.rock.music., how many were actually recorded and finished, thoughts on this recording session compared to no deliverance and any other info he'd graciously share with us. What's your favorite new song? How have the show turnouts been? Did the crowds during the social d tour treat you guys ok? Any good stories to speak of?

Answers: 11 songs on the album (12 on the iTunes version). It was a fun series of sessions - we did a week or so back in October, another week or so in February, and a couple weeks in June. All of it in Austin. Favorite new song is either Epic Castles or The Appeal. Turnouts at the shows have been great, the Social D folks treated us great, we got to play in towns we'd never been to before, and win over some new fans. Got to see the Canadian Rockies for the first time, which are really spectacular. I shared a flight with Malcolm McDowell, and we both got detained by the Customs officials. He was not happy about it.

Thanks for answering some of my questions Rez. Is the itunes song another cover like the forest was for no deliverance? When will you start peppering in more new songs into your live set? Also when will you make it to Northern Kentucky/Southern Ohio so i can see you guys again?
McCollum

Postby toadfan1 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:22 pm

Maybe the iTunes bonus track will be Clarksville.... I have no idea, nor do I have any idea why that song hasn't been released.
toadfan1

PreviousNext

Return to Toadies