New Songs?

Everything Toadies

Re: New Songs?

Postby Night shadow on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:19 am

quitter wrote:Is it a bonus on the hard copy CD? Might just wait until the 7/31 show to pick up a copy rather than get it delivered if that's the case. I'd rather put my $15 in the band's hands than screwing with iTunes (listen to everything on Rdio anyways - hope the album makes it over there - 1st two singles did).

No. the $400 bucks cover is an itunes exclusive, bummer it's not on the physical cd.

Rez, Thanks for a great show in Houston, and also, Can you spill the beans on if Toadies will have a dvd anytime soon? Been craving one as I'm sure most of us here have.

Burden Brothers did a dvd after their 1rst album, so I am just curious if Toadies will be releasing one in the near future.
Btw, new album rocks!
Thanks for always chatting with us, and taking care of our questions.
"We weren't really done, We just went and stood over there for awhile, just to Fuck with you guys"- Vaden Todd Lewis at Tipitinas in December 2007.
Night shadow

Postby jdrew on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:24 am

I love the Burden Brothers version of 400 Bucks. Just used it in a podcast that I host and produce.

N ever got A Forest, although I got to hear it and it was great and never got the Bowie cover from Mercy although I bought it early on iTunes. I think you could buy it early from iTunes but if you bought it early, it didn't have that song.

Or something.

Can't wait to hear the Toadies version. If I spend another 10 bucks. Stupid iTunes.
Gimme a hit son, I'll show you what that shit'll do.
jdrew

Postby Jim01 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:57 am

MarkRez wrote:I'm no Burden Bros expert, but I'm fairly sure they never released 400 Bucks. Just played it live, right? Anyhoo, 400 Bucks is indeed the bonus track.

It's on the Queen O Spades EP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_O'_Spades
Jim01

Postby Jim01 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:11 am

Also, why does iTunes always get bonus tracks? Does iTunes demand them? I remember a chat a while back with Trent Reznor where a fan asked what version fans should buy if they want the most money to go to the artist and Trent said that they make the most money off the physical copy of the album.

Rez, can you give a little insight into which version you make the most off of? Download or physical? And why only iTunes gets the bonus track?
Jim01

Postby quitter on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Damn iTunes. I usually end up buying each album 2-3 times anyways but I hate iTunes. iTunes + Hard copy (maybe that signed one from Newbury Comics - maybe get one at the show and get it signed). Even though I'll just listen to it on Rdio in the end. I just want a copy to stream w/ bonus - now I'll have to upload that iTunes crap to Google Music to get it on my phone for one track. I think Toadies are the only band I require a hard copy for anymore. Just nice to have the collection - even if it never goes into any CD Player. It'd be cool to have a FLAC digital release.

Just finished my 2nd time through the album this morning. Really enjoyed Magic Bullet, Animals, Get Low, Sunshine, We Burned the City Down, The Appeal. Can't wait for the 7/31 show!
quitter

Postby McCollum on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:56 pm

quitter wrote:It'd be cool to have a FLAC digital release.

You could rip a flac version from the CD.
McCollum

Postby MarkRez on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:10 pm

400 Bucks on the iTunes version will not be album only this time, so if you just want that song, you won't need to buy the whole album. So that's cool.
MarkRez

Postby Night shadow on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:50 pm

MarkRez wrote:400 Bucks on the iTunes version will not be album only this time, so if you just want that song, you won't need to buy the whole album. So that's cool.

Great to know. Thanks for letting us know Rez. I always figured the bonus itunes track, was a competition thing for Itunes.
"We weren't really done, We just went and stood over there for awhile, just to Fuck with you guys"- Vaden Todd Lewis at Tipitinas in December 2007.
Night shadow

Postby Jim01 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:33 am

Awesome! Then I will for sure be geting the physical copy and downloading 400 Bucks.
Jim01

Previous

Return to Toadies