Toadies tour '09 dates!

Everything Toadies

Re: Toadies tour '09 dates!

Postby MissTeen on Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:20 pm

I remember being 12 or so when The toadies were touring Hell below, Stars Above. The venue in S.F was 21+, and i was incredibly sad. I asked the manager to X me out, etc, but he wasn't caving in.
And then the band broke up.

This time around, they're playing that venue, and its an all ages show.. i'm happy for all the kids that will be able to see them, but i'm pissed cause my loss seemed to be in vain.

i hope everyone can get their kids into the 21+ places.
"We're murderers; Murderers, Liars, Rapists and Thieves/You should never put your trust in any of us."
MissTeen

Postby Toadgirl on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:14 pm

YAY! TG here -- long time since I've been on. Hope everyone is well!!

Got my tickets!!!!! .....last year I had to work late and missed the show....this year I am scheduling the entire week off -- no way the boss will ruin this show! :lol:

Will VTL really do Clarksville for a few drinks? No problem, good as bought! What's he drinking these days?
I will stay....and savour..... the way you move me...
Toadgirl

Postby jdrew on Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:18 am

Shitty beer.
jdrew

Postby MissTeen on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:30 pm

So there was a band chat over on fancorps earlier this week, and I did ask, cause you never know if someone is serious, but now really thinking it over, I think it was just something he may have said to the fans jokingly.
I don't think VTL would really whore out his music for a few beers. But that's just my thought.

However if anyone would like to test that out, I remember seeing em drink cases of Miller lite. I'm sure he'd appreciate the beer, but lets not obligate him to play songs he wouldn't neccesarily feel like performing.

Like i mentioned in an earlier post: Last tour I asked if they would please play Not In Love on any of the days I was going to, and i was told by Vaden that it really depends on wether or not the crowd motivates them enough. Which makes perfect sense. Those extra songs that get played here and there are a sign of appreciation on the bands part for the reaction and enthusiasm of the crowd. Anyone at the Seattle Showbox last year knows that the crowd was 'bad-ass' enough to get Flower.

So to sum it all up, buy em beers and just enjoy yourself at the shows.
"We're murderers; Murderers, Liars, Rapists and Thieves/You should never put your trust in any of us."
MissTeen

Postby DrMephisto on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:56 pm

bwind22 wrote:[

How'd you get in on the soundcheck? I saw Everclear soundcheck once but I had to sneak in to the theatre.

It was really quite easy. Just went into the bar area about 2 hours before the show, and they were playing...mostly noodling around and goofing off with some off the Joe Walsh teasers that they threw in that night, but Not In Love was sick. Still, if I ever were to see Clarksville live I'd probably die right there. Ugh. Wow.

Still, can't wait for that show. S4 is a great venue for them. Not as epic as when they played 1st Ave, but still, zammo.

I'm actually driving this next week to see them on the 22nd with my sister and buddy at the Gothic in Englewood. Anybody else hitting that one up?
-w-
DrMephisto

Postby sloburnt on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:13 pm

Anyone goin to the Seattle In-Store performance?
sloburnt

Postby MissTeen on Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:06 pm

I'm going to try to be there for the in-store. It's earlier than the last Seattle silverplatters set, so I'd still be able to get a good spot for the show that night. Note to others going to El Corazon, if you get in my way, I will fuck you up :D

I'm taking an extra memory card to record it [the in-store, not the show] at a higher resolution than last time. I still have to upload the songs from some of last years in-stores, but my computer has been jacked up. Thank goodness, everything is still on their original media cards.. One of these days I'll get everything together...

Since the s.f show has been cancelled, I should probably take this time to look for an extra li-on battery, just in case.
MissTeen

Postby ookumae on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:00 am

I know this probably the wrong place to ask this but....any chance of hearing "Don't Go My Way" this tour?
"They sexed up my internet" ~Bunny
ookumae

Postby Toadgirl on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:38 pm

DrMephisto wrote:[ Still, if I ever were to see Clarksville live I'd probably die right there. Ugh. Wow.
-w-

Yep, that's me too -- Miller Lite - my favorite beer anyway -

....on my knees and I'm on your side....
Toadgirl

Postby FireSka on Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:01 am

Missed Waco, but I got my tickets for the Stubbs Austin show on May 8. One friend is flying in from San Francisco for it and another friend is flying in for Omaha for it. How about that!? haha.

I second the request for Don't Go My Way live. It's a brilliant song! Also, "One More" needs some live-play time. Those songs are easily better than Nothing To Cry About, Hell In High Water, and I Am A Man Of Stone. I'm hoping the set is changed up and a couple old tracks are thrown in :: cough:: GOT A HEART :: cough:: RUTH ::big cough::: STRAIT UP. =D
FireSka

PreviousNext

Return to Toadies