Set times at Dia?

Everything Toadies

Set times at Dia?

Postby bmurray77 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:26 pm

Has anyone seen anything about what time each band is playing Saturday at Dia? I live a couple of hours away and have a scheduling conflict. I already have tickets, but I'm not sure if I'm even going to make it.
bmurray77

Re: Set times at Dia?

Postby thewicke on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:43 pm

All I think I've read somewhere is that the gates open at 3p on Saturday.
thewicke

Postby bmurray77 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:14 pm

I think I will probably make the Saturday show. I definitely want to make the Burden Brothers show. They are second on the bill, but I wonder if VTL would want to do two sets back to back. Also, I love Holy Moly. Damn this living out of town.
bmurray77

Postby jdrew on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:25 am

First time we're going to the DDLT and I'm pretty excited. We always catch them when they come to Houston, even slogged through that train wreck of an Everclear set, but it took Local H and moreso a Burden Brothers reunion to get us back up to the metroplex. We've seen the BBs more than any other band (I think) and would even go to San Marcos and San Antonio to follow them around a bit. Can't wait.

Two things: I'm assuming Local H will be the buffer act between Vaden fronting his bands unless something screwy goes on like different stages for some of that stuff (would prefer not unless the stages aren't competing time wise) and I'm wondering how many ex BBers will perform. Tazz was so integral he'll obviously be there and bass was never really set (Zach or Orr? Maybe Donnie will do it). I'd assume Casey Hess will be there but I doubt Corey Rizzonni will be there, stranger things have happened, though.

I don't care, though. I just want to hear GDB and Walk Away and Do For Me and Goodnight from Chicago and Beautiful Night and Shadow and and Dirty Sanchez and Hang Your Head Your Fault and........ Oh, and She's Not Home. Of course that one. Oh, and I doubt they'll play Queen o' Spades or Czar, but that'd be special. Czar was my ringtone on my last phone for the longest time and it wasn't because it was Frank Blacks'.

Hate to say it but I dug the BB more than anything the Toadies have put out since the regroup. So stoked.
Gimme a hit son, I'll show you what that shit'll do.
jdrew

Postby Jim01 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:13 pm

They just posted this on Twitter. Blurry but is that Mike Rudnicki next to Vaden?

Jim01

Postby Night shadow on Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:25 pm

Taz posted on Facebook that the B Bros will play at 6:50pm.
"We weren't really done, We just went and stood over there for awhile, just to Fuck with you guys"- Vaden Todd Lewis at Tipitinas in December 2007.
Night shadow

Postby bmurray77 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:53 pm

Thanks. I saw that today. We are hoping to be there by 5. I'm still not sure if I'm going to make the Friday night show. It would be a lot of driving for me since I can't stay in Dallas Friday night.
bmurray77

Postby jdrew on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:20 am

Night shadow wrote:Taz posted on Facebook that the B Bros will play at 6:50pm.

I'm assuming Local H will go on between the BB and the Toadies? Killer 3 set right there. Can't wait.
Gimme a hit son, I'll show you what that shit'll do.
jdrew

Postby thewicke on Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Friday Night Schedule – Indoors at The Shack on Panther Island Pavilion
7:00pm – Doors
8:00 – Sarah Jaffe
9:15 - Toadies

Saturday Schedule – Outdoors at Panther Island Pavilion
3:00pm – Gates
4:00 – Western Plaza
4:40 – Gollay
5:20 – Son of Stan
6:00 – Sealion
6:50 – Burden Brothers
7:40 – Buck Pets
8:20 – Local H
9:00 – Holy Moly
9:40 – Toadies
* times and line up subject to change
thewicke

Postby Night shadow on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:31 am

What was the Burden Brothers setlist?
"We weren't really done, We just went and stood over there for awhile, just to Fuck with you guys"- Vaden Todd Lewis at Tipitinas in December 2007.
Night shadow

Next

Return to Toadies